Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Collin's First Day of 2 Year Old Preschool



Today Collin had his first day of 2 year old preschool. I am not sure who was more nervous, him or Mommy! He is once again going to Johns Creek United Methodist Church which we absolutely love. We all went and met Collin's teachers, Miss Tina and Miss Laura, last week and Collin loved both of them and his new classroom. The only thing that made me a bit nervous was the carpool. Since he is in the preschool, he has to go through the carpool line each morning and have one of the teacher assistants walk him to his room. I know they highly recommend it and it is for his own good but it made me a bit uneasy not being able to physically walk him to the room and make sure he was okay. However, I followed their suggestions and put him in carpool and he did great. His teacher Miss Laura got him out of the car and he held her hand like a big boy and walked into the school. It brought tears to my eyes to see my little baby growing up. All day I worried about him and whether he was having a good time and making friends. When I picked him up that afternoon Miss Tina was holding him and said he had a great day up until the last hour and a half when he would occasionally ask for me. That broke my heart. However, once he got in the car he talked nonstop about school. He told me he made two new friends, Gavin and Jake, and that he danced in PE. He also told me Miss Tina gave him orange goldfish for snack. All of his talking made me think that he really did have a lot of fun. I am hoping he adjusts quickly to school and begins to love it as much as he did last year.

No comments: