Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Baby Hardy Update

Patrick and I are excited to announce that we are expecting! We decided to wait until our 12 week appointment to share the news since the pregnancy has been very rough thus far. Since about five weeks, I have been extremely sick. I was sick with Collin but nothing like this. I was literally sicker than I have ever been and spent all day and night laying in the bed. At eight weeks my doctor sent me to the hospital for extreme dehydration and since I had lost ten pounds. I was diagnosed with hyperemesis, otherwise known as excessive vomiting and dehydration. I spent 48 hours at Northside in Atlanta getting pumped full of fluids and medicine. The weeks following the hospital visit were still pretty rough, but around 11 weeks the sickness began to get better and was only present in the evening. I am still nauseous at night but it is much better than what it was!

Despite everything that has happened, the baby appears to be doing great! We had our 12 week appointment today and the doctor said the heartbeat was very strong and the baby was measuring right on schedule. This was an answer to our prayers since I have been so sick and weak for the past three months. We were able to get a 3-D ultrasound of Baby Hardy and saw he/she putting his/her hands together like they were praying. Baby Hardy was sitting with his/her legs crossed so we were not able to tell if whether we are expecting a boy or a girl. I guess we will have to wait until our 20 week ultrasound to see whether Ansley Iris or Parker Lavon will be joining our family. Whatever God blesses us with, we are beyond excited and cannot wait to meet you!

No comments: