Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Poor Baby

Our poor little Collin has been so sick this week. It started Monday when I went to get him dressed for an outing to Catch Air. As I went to dress him, I noticed he was really hot and sweaty. I took his temperature and it was 101.6. Needless to say, we did not go. I then let him just lay around on me and we watched movies much of the afternoon. He really had no symptoms other than being cranky and lazy, which was to be expected. Tuesday morning, however, he woke up screaming at 5:30am. When we went to get him he still had a temperature and was coughing a little. I brought him into the doctor at 9:00am since he was crying nonstop. They said he definitely looked sick and was running a fever and had sores in the back of his throat. They did a strep and flu test but both came back negative. His doctor then told us it was viral and had to run its course. Unfortunately the coarse got much worse. He screamed and cried all day yesterday and this morning. I have to admit, I let out a few tears too seeing him in such pain and not being able to help. I was able to get an applesauce and some bubblegum pedialyte down him but nothing else. He has luckily given in to sleep at the moment and it is finally quiet. If you think about it, please say a prayer that he will get better soon and have some relief from his sore throat.

UPDATE: We just got back from the doctor and it is hand, foot, mouth disease. He got it from church. Gotta love those kiddo germs.

2 comments:

The Shaw Family said...

It really is awful seeing them so sick and knowing that they don't understand what is happening. I shed a few tears myself just reading your post. We will pray for Collin and hope that he is feeling much better in the coming days!

Kelly said...

I hope Collin starts to feel better soon. Thankfully, you're able to stay home and take care of him!