Thursday, August 13, 2009

Blessed

Collin has been very sick and cranky this entire week. There have been many days when all he did was sit in my lap and watch movies all day long and cry because his throat hurt so bad. There have been many times when I realized how blessed we are that we have a healthy child the majority of the time and he has nothing seriously wrong with him on a daily basis. My heart aches for mothers and fathers in this position as I watched my child with a simple summertime virus cry out in pain and there was nothing I could do to help him. I will now make an effort to thank God daily for giving me a healthy, happy son and blessing me beyond belief with this. I will also pray for those whose children are sick that they feel God's arms around them as I can only imagine how tough it must be. Patrick and I are so blessed and I never want to forget this!

No comments: