Thursday, August 27, 2009

Our Big Boy Is Going To School

Next week Collin is going to start going to Parent's Morning Out every Friday morning from 9:00-1:00 at Johns Creek United Methodist Church. Today Collin got to go and see his classroom and meet his teachers. His class has nine children in it and three teachers: Miss Paige, Miss Jennifer and Miss Zahie. They all three seem so sweet and loving which I am so excited about. They all have kids of their own and said they love to give hugs and kisses to the children. When we walked into the school, Collin immediately started crying. He looked at me like "I know what this is and I know you are going to leave me and I am NOT happy." After a few minutes he warmed up and started walking around the hallway. When we went into his room he saw a little playground and was in heaven. Daddy put him on the bridge and let him go down the slide and he decided he LOVED the place. He also found a Thomas the Train table and loved it. He was playing beside several of his new classmates having a wonderful time! He was a little hoarder and was stealing all the trains. Looks like someone needs to learn to share! I am feeling a little anxious about leaving him at school but I know that it is good for him. I find comfort in knowing that he has three wonderful teachers who will love on him and comfort him and teach him everything he needs to know. I am also excited it is a Christian based program where he will learn about Jesus and his neverending love. Patrick and I are both in agreement that this is a wonderful school with loving teachers but that does not mean Mommy will not be shedding a few tears when she drops him off next Friday.





2 comments:

Amy Meyer said...

I can't wait for Mackenzie and Collin to start class together, they are going to have so much fun!

Kim said...

How fun! Collin is really growing up. He will have so much fun once he gets in his routine. You know how it is.......always harder on the mom than on the little ones. I love the halloween costume. Where did you look on line? I have been trying to get one for Davis as well. Even though he is too little to trick or treat; he still has to have a costume.