Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Mother's Day is such a bittersweet time of the year for me. I am absolutely blessed to be a mother to a precious, healthy, perfect little boy but the holiday also reminds me of how much I miss my mom. I know that God has a plan in taking her home so soon but I miss her terribly every single day. Although it has been almost two years, it does not get any easier. My family and I decided to honor her today by participating in a breast cancer "Walk to Empower" event at Chastain Park in Atlanta. I ordered my sister and I shirts that said "My Mom was so brave, God decided to make her an angel". How true! My sister, dad, brother, soon to be sister in law, and I walked together to celebrate her memory and help raise money so that one day there will be a cure for this devastating disease so no other family has to watch a loved one suffer the way she did. I know she was looking down on us from Heaven and was so proud. I love you, Mom!



I got to spend the second part of my day with my precious Collin. He and Daddy gave me a Lisa Leonard custom necklace with Collin's name on it and a pearl. I loved it! They also took me out to dinner at Outback which was wonderful. These two boys really know how to make me feel special. I love you both so much!



I also have to say how blessed I am to have a wonderful mother-in-law. She is absolutely amazing. She has stepped up and become a second mother to me since mom passed and is there for us all through thick and thin. I love you, Henrietta, and appreciate all you do for our family.

No comments: