Friday, May 21, 2010

Collin's Last Day of PMO



Today was Collin's last day of PMO at Johns Creek United Methodist Church. We are thrilled that we decided to enroll Collin in this program. He learned so much and matured so much over the course of the year. It also helped to bring him out of his shell. The first month that I dropped him off he would cling to me and cry as I handed him over to the teachers. By month two he seemed to enjoy going, and towards the end of the year he was asking to go to school every morning. It has been such a great experience for him! On his last day, he came home with a scrapbook documenting his first year of school and a framed poem (below) adorned his footprint. Both brought me to tears! Miss Zahie, Miss Paige and Miss Jennifer set a pretty high standard for the rest of his teachers to live up do. They will hold a special place in our hearts forever.

"Walk a little slower, Mommy and Daddy,"
Said a little child so small
"I'm following in your footsteps,
And I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast,
Sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower, Mommy and Daddy,
For you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up,
You're what I want to be;
Then I will have a little child
Who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right,
And know that I was true;
So, walk a little slower, Mommy and Daddy,
For I must follow you."

No comments: