Monday, September 21, 2009

Boys Weekend

This weekend Daddy and Collin had a boys weekend. Patrick was nice enough to volunteer to watch Collin while I went to the beach with some of my girlfriends. I left on Thursday afternoon. Grandmommy came up to watch Collin on Thursday and Friday and then he was all Daddy's for the weekend. Friday morning Patrick got up extra early to pack Collin's lunch for school and get him dressed and ready to go. Grandmommy said he did an awesome job and was on top of everything. On Saturday they sent Grandmommy home bright and early so she could get home before the major rain came. Collin and Daddy then met one of his work friends and his two kids at Cracker Barrel for some breakfast. They then headed down to the Alpharetta Fun Fest where Collin watched the firetruck and police car until it started raining again. They then went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch and came home to play and watch some football. Throughout the weekend Patrick even sent me pictures via cell phone to show me what Collin was doing. I have to brag on my wonderful husband. He did a great job and kept Collin safe and sound. I cannot express how wonderful it makes me feel to see Patrick and Collin interact. It makes me love him even more!

I have to admit that I missed Collin terribly while I was gone. Those four days and three nights were a long time to be away from my baby. Although I knew he was in wonderful hands, I missed his little smile and cuddly hugs. The trip made me realize how blessed I am to be able to spend everyday with Collin and to have two wonderful boys in my life. I love you Patrick and Collin!

No comments: