Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!

Collin and Daddy did a great job of spoiling me all weekend. Saturday morning Daddy took Collin so I could go to the gym and then to get a pedicure. This morning they surprised me with a sweet card from Collin and the Dooney and Bourke wristlet I had been wanting. They then let me go out shopping while they stayed home and had "boy time". It was so nice to be able to relax this weekend and spend some time alone and with my favorite boys in the whole world!

This Mother's Day was also very tough as it is the first one I have experienced without my mother. My mother passed away from cancer suddenly last May. Each and everyday I think about her and all the wonderful times we had together. Being a mother myself, I now realize how much she sacrificed for us and appreciate her so much more. I was lucky enough to have 28 great years with her and have a very close relationship with her. I know that she is with the Lord right now in a place better than I can even imagine and that I will be reunited with her one day. It is tough to get through days like this but I know God has a plan and He took her for a reason. I just want her to know how much we all love her and miss her. Collin looks at her picture each day and now knows who to point to on the refrigerator when I say "Nana". So sweet!

I am also blessed to have such a great Mother-in-Law. I do not know how I would have gotten through the struggle of losing my mom and becoming a first time mother without her. She has been amazing in helping me deal with this loss and treating me and my family like one of her own children. I am so blessed in this respect and thank God daily for allowing me to marry into such a great family. She is also GREAT with Collin and he loves her to pieces.



3 comments:

Amber said...

Talk about tears! Happy Mother's Day, looks like you had a great one.

Kim said...

I am so glad you had a great Mother's Day! I know it was not an easy one. I know your Mom is looking down on you and could not be happier for the awesome Mother you have become. You make her PROUD everyday. :)

The Shaw Family said...

My thoughts were with you this Mother's Day. I know that it could not have been an easy day. Just know that you are making your mom proud by raising such a wonderful child.