Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day is always a very bittersweet holiday for me.  I am absolutely blessed to have two happy, healthy, cuddly boys who I love with all of my heart.  I love them more than they will ever know and love to receive the cards and homemade presents they give me each year.  It is something I always look forward too, along with a few gifts from Daddy and the day off from doing my normal household chores:-)  It is hard, however, not to have my mom here to celebrate with.  The past four years have been very difficult without her.  Not a day goes by that she is not in my thoughts of something happens to remind me of her.  I wish more than anything she were here to see her grandsons grow up and was able to experience life through their eyes.  She always wanted grandkids to spoil and I know she would have adored them.  Little Parker appears to be carrying on her legacy with his blond hair and blue eyes, just like she had.  It is amazing how much he resembles her.  It makes me smile every time I think about it. Even though she is not physically with us, I know she is looking down on us and will always be an angel to my boys and I.  She was the best mother anyone could ask for, and I hope I can become half the woman she was.  I love you, Mom! 

No comments: