Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Mother's Day is such a bittersweet time of the year for me. I am blessed beyond measure to be the mother to two precious, healthy, and perfect little boys but I am also reminded of how much I miss my mom. I know that God has a plan in taking her from our lives so soon but it is still hard to bear. It is hard not to be able to pick up the phone and talk to her daily. She was such a great mom and a wonderful woman. It also breaks my heart that she is not here to enjoy her grandchildren as I know she would have loved them and spoiled them rotten. Although she is no longer here, her memory lives on. I also love the fact that the older Collin gets the more and more he favors her. Several family members have commented on this and it always brings me to tears. She would have been so happy to see the boy he has become and our newest bundle of joy. I know she is looking down on them from Heaven and will always be their guardian angel.

My boys, however, went out of their way to make my day extra special. I got a sweet card from Collin and Parker as well as a bracelet that was engraved on the inside, "We love you, Mom. Love-Collin and Parker". They also treated me to dinner so I did not have to cook and clean the kitchen. Although being a mother is a demanding job that never allows you to take a break, I would not trade it for anything in the world. My boys are my life and I love them more than words can express. I thank the Lord daily for giving me two precious boys and allowing me to be there Mom. I love you, Collin and Parker!






No comments: