Thursday, December 16, 2010

Santa Claus 2010

Today we took Collin for his annual trip to see Santa. This year we decided to take Collin down to Phipps Plaza in Buckhead to see him since they offered a DVD in addition to a picture. When I was little, my parents always had a video made of my siblings and I sitting with Santa. We have so much fun watching it each year and I wanted Collin to have that same memory. This year Collin was recovering from a bout with pneumonia and was not his same perky self, but decided to see Santa anyway. While we were waiting in line, he was very excited to sit with him. He helped me make his wish list and went over everything he was going to ask Santa for with Patrick and I. However, when it was his turn, he screamed out "Mommy hold". I had to bribe him with the promise that I would take him to Target to pick out a new car if he would sit with him. The bribe worked and he let me sit him in Santa's lap. The entire time he sat with him, he would not break a smile. He sat there with a stern look on his face and even rolled his eyes a couple of times. A teenager already? He did tell Santa that he wanted a trash truck and told him bye bye and blew him a kiss when we left. As soon as we started walking away, he begged to go back and see him again. While we were leaving, he told us Santa was going to bring him a trash truck and a big rig. Despite his look in the picture, I think he really did love seeing Santa.

No comments: