Wednesday, March 11, 2009

1st Major Boo-Boo

I am sad to say that Collin had his first major boo-boo today. He was "cruising" around the ottoman in our den when he somehow fell. His mouth somehow hit the wood underneath the ottoman and he immediately started screaming. As soon as I picked him up blood starting gushing ! At first it looked like his two front teeth had been knocked out as blood was just everywhere. Once I cleaned him up, I saw a huge gash in the skin between his two front teeth. Panicked, I called our friend Amy who is also a pediatric nurse. She came over and took a look and thought it was okay and would heal on its own but suggested we call our doctor just in case. They told me to keep an eye on it and if it continued to bleed to bring him in. Luckily, we did not have to and it appears to be healing on its own. Our little man does have a blue, puffy lip now and looks pitiful. I am not sure who it hurt more, Mommy or him.

No comments: