Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We Miss You, Nana

This weekend was the two month anniversary of Collin's Nana, Brooke's mom's, passing. We all miss her so much everyday. I constantly catch myself wanting to pick up the phone and call her to brag about all of the wonderful things Collin is doing or to get advise on things that come up with him. It has been so hard to go through motherhood without her. Although she is not physically here, I know she is looking down on us and is so happy of Collin and his many accomplishments. She is probably in heaven smiling and bragging about everything he is doing. Collin was a source of joy for her and she was such a proud Nana. I know if she were still with us she would be spoiling him rotten right now! Collin has many of her traits including her nose and baby blue eyes to help keep her memory alive. Mom also loved to go to Las Vegas and play the slot machines. Our little Collin must also like them because he will spend forever turning the slots on his Baby Einstein Entertainer. She was such a loving mom and I can only hope I turn out to be half the woman she was.We love you and miss you, Nana.



2 comments:

Amber said...

How wonderful that God gave Collin little pieces of Nana to carry with him. I know she is sooo proud.

The Shaw Family said...

I can only imagine how happy Collin made his Nana and how proud he will continue to make her as she watches over him!